Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 19 Review: The Sharp Time

Sandinista Jones is a high school senior with a punk rock name and a broken heart. The death of her single mother has left Sandinista alone in the world, subject to the random vulnerability of everyday life. When the school system lets her down, her grief and instability intensify, and she ponders a violent act of revenge.

Still, in the midst of her crisis, she gets a job at The Pale Circus, a funky vintage clothing shop, and finds friendship and camaraderie with her coworker, a boy struggling with his own secrets.

Even as Sandinista sees the failures of those with power and authority, she's offered the chance to survive through the redemptive power of friendship. Now she must choose between faith and forgiveness or violence and vengeance.

My Review:
To be honest, I don't really remember this book. I can work with the review I left on Goodreads, but yeah, the synopsis, it doesn't ping inside me like I've read this book. Which sucks, because it does sound like a pretty great book! Just not really memorable for me, I guess.

So apparently this book was confusing, in how everything was put together, or the scenes weren't clear, and things like that. Or how they fit together, there were a few edges that didn't quite fit the others, so yeah, there's that.

I also wished that the characters, we got a bit more time to get to know them more, they sounded really good, but we didn't have much time with them, and what time we did didn't give us very much, which is too bad!

It sounds like a pretty good book that I enjoyed, so I guess I did so!

Author: Mary O'Connell
Read: May 10th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded good!
Publisher: Random House Childrens Books 
Published: November 8th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!