Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #54, May 16th

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!

The Raft by S. A. Bodeen
Expected Publication: August 21st 2012
From Goodreads:
Robie is an experienced traveler. She’s taken the flight from Honolulu to the Midway Atoll, a group of Pacific islands where her parents live, many times. When she has to get to Midway in a hurry after a visit with her aunt in Hawaii, she gets on the next cargo flight at the last minute. She knows the pilot, but on this flight, there’s a new co-pilot named Max. All systems are go until a storm hits during the flight. The only passenger, Robie doesn’t panic until the engine suddenly cuts out and Max shouts at her to put on a life jacket. They are over miles of Pacific Ocean. She sees Max struggle with a raft. 

And then . . . she’s in the water. Fighting for her life. Max pulls her onto the raft, and that’s when the real terror begins. They have no water. Their only food is a bag of Skittles. There are sharks. There is an island. But there’s no sign of help on the way.

That sounds really good! And the cover, I love it! Yeah for this being on NetGalley! And it's funny, I read this last week! Really good! What about you guys? Happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you are right - this one sounds amazing! Survival thrillers aren't usually my thing, but it has to be good, doesn't it? Great pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How literal could the title and the cover be? lol sorry I have to point it out XD since you read it I wonder if you reviewed it? Awesome pick! I should check this one out soon!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it does :) And it was :) Thanks!


    Pretty literal I would say :) And I have a review post, I haven't actually reviewed it yet. I'm this year behind :( Must write more reviews!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting. I may have to go check it out on NetGalley though I am so behind on NetGalley reads :) Here is WoW pick if you want to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really good :) And I totally understand that, I'm really behind, too :) And still I requested it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!