Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week 42 Review: Taken by Storm

From Goodreads:
Bryn knows first-hand that being the alpha of a werewolf pack means making hard decisions, and that being human makes things a thousand times worse. She's prepared to give up her humanity, but the wolf who promised to Change her is waiting - though for what, Bryn doesn't know. Still human, she must take her place in the werewolf Senate, the precarious democracy that rules the North American packs. Standing side by side with werewolves who were ancient long before she was ever born is enough of a challenge, but Bryn soon learns that the Senate has been called to deal with a problem: the kind of problem that involves human bodies, a Rabid werewolf, and memories that Bryn, Chase, and the rest of their pack would rather forget. With bodies stacking up and political pressure closing in from all sides, Bryn and her pack are going to have to turn to old enemies and even older friends for help - especially when it starts to look like this time, the monster might be one of their own.

My Review:
Oh, man, what a great freaking book! Absolutely loved it as it was breaking my heart. Chase!! And now I'm numb, and the loss, not feeling it. But I will. Because Chase has been a part of the series since the beginning, he's the love interest, and a great character-and now he's gone!

Finishing the Rabid, should've been the end of it. But he's coming back from beyond the grave, haunting and tormenting Maddy, a very pregnant Maddy. So yeah, there were some developments there, in werewolf twins and ghosts, and werewolf babies of a turned female werewolf.

And Shay was complete, utter evil!!! Hated, hated, hated him! After all the manipulation of the 2nd book, he goes all out in this one, and yeah, it was horrible what he did! And it's  because of him that Chase is dead, and that was why Byrn wasn't changed into a werewolf yet. She had to experience that as a human.

I need another book in this series! It ended with Byrn being turned, and yeah, I need to know how life as a werewolf was for her, how she's coping without Chase, and with Devon now being the Alpha of another pack, and not with her every day. Yeah. I need a 4th book!

This was such a great book, and yeah, I want more, and yeah, everybody should read this series!!!

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Series: Raised by Wolves #3
Read: October 13th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I loved the first 2 books in the series, I had to know how it was going to end!
Publisher: EgmontUS
Published: May 22nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!