Saturday, October 13, 2012

Week 41 Review: Outpost

From Goodreads:
Deuce's whole world has changed. Down below, she was considered an adult. Now, topside in a town called Salvation, she's a brat in need of training in the eyes of the townsfolk. She doesn't fit in with the other girls: Deuce only knows how to fight.

To make matters worse, her Hunter partner, Fade, keeps Deuce at a distance. Her feelings for Fade haven't changed, but he seems not to want her around anymore. Confused and lonely, she starts looking for a way out.

Deuce signs up to serve in the summer patrols—those who make sure the planters can work the fields without danger. It should be routine, but things have been changing on the surface, just as they did below ground. The Freaks have grown smarter. They're watching. Waiting. Planning. The monsters don't intend to let Salvation survive, and it may take a girl like Deuce to turn back the tide.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It has been a while since I read Enclave, but I remembered enough to go into this book with a smile-I wanted to know more about this world, these characters, watch them fight new battles, or if necessary, when to step back for another day!

So lots of things happened. Since they're at Salvation, where there are actual adults, they think that they are superior to Deuce. But there are different kinds of strength, and she has one that they don't-a powerful fighting instinct!

And yeah, the unfairness of them just plainly dismissing her help, not thinking they need it, was just short sided. Sure, she's young, but where she's come from, she's in the prime of her life, and they should've used that to their advantage! Their hubris got some people killed!

That ending! Such a cliffhanger, they're going to go on an adventure! Well, another one! And adding in all that they learned, yeah, that's just making my want for the 3rd and final book all the more stronger! I wants it so much!

Reading this book was just fantastic, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Ann Aguirre
Series: Razorland #2
Read: October 9th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Sophomore Challenge book and a 2012 Dystopian book!
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Published: September 4th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!