Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week 42 Review: Dark Frost

From Goodreads:
I've seen so many freaky things since I started attending Mythos Academy last fall. I know I'm supposed to be a fearless warrior, but most of the time, I feel like I'm just waiting for the next Bad, Bad Thing to happen. Like someone trying to kill me again. Everyone at Mythos Academy knows me as Gwen Frost, the Gypsy girl who uses her psychometry magic to find lost objects and who just may be dating Logan Quinn, the hottest guy in school. But I'm also the girl the Reapers of Chaos want dead in the worst way. The Reapers are the baddest of the bad, the people who murdered my mom. So why do they have it in for me? It turns out my mom hid a powerful artifact called the Helheim Dagger before she died. Now, the Reapers will do anything to get it back. They think I know where the dagger is hidden, but this is one thing I can't use my magic to find. All I do know is that the Reapers are coming for me and I'm in for the fight of my life.

My Review:
Yes, this was a great book, a great sequel, and I'm so happy to have read it! So good and entertaining, and I just wanted more! I can't wait for Crimson Frost, it's going to be just as excellent, if not more so, because there's the events of this book to build off of!

This book is darker then it's predecessors. Which, given what's happened in this, is to be expected. But this book, is like, dark. It starts off with a bang with a pretty horrific Reaper attack, and it just didn't let off! I have a pretty wide range for degree of lightness or darkness, so I enjoyed it (though not all will!)

Things are still not at that good point between Gwen and Logan, because it just seems like they couldn't catch a break! Which really sucks for them! Because we all know that they'd be a perfect couple, it's just things keep interrupting!

Oh, that ending! That was just pure evil! That she found the dagger-but lost in the end! Because yeah, Loki's freed. And that's not a good thing, because after he's recovered, he's going to try and start the apocalypse! And then that ending! They almost had it-and then the supposed good guys took it away!

Such a great, awesome book, and now I just need more!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Mythos Academy #3
Read: October 18th, 2012
Reason Why: Loved the first 2 books, and it's a LLFL Book!
Publisher: Kensington
Published: May 29th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!