Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week 9 Review: The Undead Pool

From Goodreads:
Witch and day-walking demon Rachel Morgan has managed to save the demonic ever after from shrinking, but at a high cost. Now strange magic is attacking Cincinnati and the Hollows, causing spells to backfire or go horribly wrong, and the truce between the races, between Inderlander and human, is shattering. 

Rachel must stop the occurrences before the undead vampire masters who keep the rest of the undead under control are lost and it becomes all-out supernatural war. However, the only way to do so is through the ancient elven wild magic, which carries its own perils.

My Review:
Oh, god, did I love this book! I kept reading and reading it, even when I wasn't supposed to, and I just had to more, it was so addictive, and the pages were turning, and then it was done, and I almost cried except the fact that I almost never cry, because it was so good, and it was over, and I wanted more, and I have to wait for the last book to come out!!!!!

So this was the Elf book, basically, because the force behind the bad guys, and eventually, a part of Rachel, for a brief-ish time, was the Elf's deity, the Goddess, and the Goddess is made of mystics, and then there's a problem, because the mystics cause the vampires who've died once to go to sleep, and starve, and then die their second death, which isn't too good. Added to that the magic overstimulated by the mystics, which causes a lot of negative results...yeah.

This is also the book, where the simmering between Rachel and  Trent comes to a boil, after all these books, this is when they take the final step, and start a romantic relationship, even if it's scary, even if they lose things like power, and money, well, they have each other, and the kids, and yeah, that's not going away, no matter what that she-hellion says! And yeah, they work well together, which we've known for a while!!!

And then the I.S. from another place takes over for a bit, and they were going to let the only vampire who was awake, whatshisname, Noel? F something? Felix, I think, to basically have Nina or Nora, as a possession, and they would look the other way, and that isn't something that Ivy, or Rachel would tolerate, so yeah, there was the big rid over, with the werewolves running interference, because there was a curfew and all, and yeah, that was on a scale of 1 to 10 of epicness, a 12. Which is funny, since that's this is the 12th book in the series!

I was sad that Al reacted to the mystics/Trent like that, it wasn't fun, and I hope that they repair their relationship, because it's a dear one to Racehl, and so a dear one to us! Though the fact that Newt had carried mystics, and yeah, that causes trouble with the Goddess, who doesn't want the mystics that Rachel had carried, was going to kill Rachel, that was too bad. But yeah, that was pretty awesome!!!

I loved this book, and I really can't wait for the last book to come out, because just before that is when I'm going to start rereading the series, and I can read this loveable book again!!! Whoot!!!

Author: Kim Harrison
Series: The Hollows #12
Read: February 25th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a WoW Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Voyager
Published: February 25th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!