Friday, February 27, 2015

Dark Shadows: Review

From Goodreads:
My name's Ella Raimi.

Until last week, my life was pretty normal for a sixteen-year-old. Until I spent that awful night trapped in the janitor's closet in utter darkness. Until the dreams began — suffocating, panic-filled dreams. My best friend Kyla stays with me, but the dreams still continue. And I wake each morning with cuts & burns on my skin. I don't recall inflicting them.

And then there is the blood on my hands and my sheets when I wake up.

I'm afraid of myself and what I've done.

And I'm beginning to be more afraid of Kyla. And what she will do.

My Review:
This was a really great, dark book! Well, of course it is, with dark in it's title! But really, I mean, really, really dark! And I just loved it so much! Loved the twists and the turns, and yeah, so freaking good, though I have one question.

Which is what with the ending, then why that name on the I.D., because going with the ending, that's not her name. So yeah, did Ella hear wrong (she did say it sounded smudged) or something else? It's a question that's going to bug me!

Really enjoyed the whole "waking up with blood on the sheets, and hurts" because it was really freaky, and just not knowing why that was happening, and having your sanity questioned, not fun at all! So Ella does pretty well!

That family secret, with her grandmother, and her sister? And how her mom had had regrets leaving Ella there, well, that's why. Not nice at all! But with the trauma of janitor's closet, brings up some other unpleasant memories!

Such a great book, with such a great ending, and I just really enjoyed this book so much!

Author: T.G. Ayer
Read: February 26th, 2015
Source: Dowie's Place Event Review Copy
Reason Why: I love her writing, and it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Infinity Ink Books
Published: 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

Bio:
My heart is currently broken in two. One half resides in South Africa where my old roots still remain, and my heart still longs for the endless beaches and the smell of moist soil after a summer downpour. My love for Ma Afrika will never fade. The other half of me has been transplanted to the Land of the Long White Cloud. The land of the Taniwha, beautiful Maraes, and volcanoes. The land of green, pure beauty that truly inspires. And because I am so torn between these two lands - I shall forever remain cross-eyed.

I love talking to my readers so email me if you have any questions or even if you just want to chat...

Email: tgayer@xtra.co.nz or tgayerauthor@gmail.com

Contact and Buy AKA Links:
  Website  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!