Saturday, August 8, 2015

Week 32 Review: Perfect Ruin

From Goodreads:
ON INTERNMENT you can be anything you dream - a novelist or a singer, a florist or a factory worker... Your life is yours to embrace or to squander. There's only one rule: you don't approach THE EDGE. If you do, it's already over.

My Review:
This book has a lot of things that I like to read about, so lots of what's going to be in this review, is going to be similar to my reviews of books with these things. Which is a mix of good and bad-good that I enjoy it, bad that I can't really think of something original to say about it!

Like, take the world. It's a world with details that were really great to read about-but I wouldn't want to live there! The arranged marriages, planned from if not pre-conception, then during the carrying of the babies, the strict rules regulating pregnancies, so only a certain number of children are born, which is understandable, seeing they live on a floating island, but the way they go about with unexpected pregnancies? Horrible!

I really enjoyed reading about Morgan, she was a really great person to show us this world and the adventures that were happening, because she kinda had her head in the clouds, like more than the rest of the population, but she was also pretty sensible, too. Great reading about her!

They had a pretty big reason to want to leave-the corruption of the royal family. Because they were pretty bad. But also curiosity, to know what else was out there, seeing as they were stuck on Interment! So that ending was really, really great!

I enjoyed this book just so much, and now I really want to read the next book!

Author: Lauren DeStefano
Series: The Interment Chronicles #1
Read: August 3rd, 2015
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Really enjoyed her other series, and it's a 2015 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book, and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: October 1st 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!