Saturday, August 15, 2015

Week 33 Review: Cold Burn of Magic

From Goodreads:
There Be Monsters Here. . .

It's not as great as you'd think, living in a tourist town that's known as "the most magical place in America." Same boring high school, just twice as many monsters under the bridges and rival Families killing each other for power. 

I try to keep out of it. I've got my mom's bloodiron sword and my slightly illegal home in the basement of the municipal library. And a couple of Talents I try to keep quiet, including very light fingers and a way with a lock pick. 

But then some nasty characters bring their Family feud into my friend's pawn shop, and I have to make a call--get involved, or watch a cute guy die because I didn't. I guess I made the wrong choice, because now I'm stuck putting everything on the line for Devon Sinclair. My mom was murdered because of the Families, and it looks like I'm going to end up just like her. . .

My Review:
This book was really fanatic, like so very great! I loved the world, I loved the characters, I loved the mystery, yeah, I just loved the whole book! It was a really fantastic start to the series, and I can't wait to read more of it! And yeah that the sequel comes out really soon!

It's a bit hard for me to write my thoughts about this book, because I just loved this book so much! But I love a lot of books so much, and I don't have much more else to say about them! But I'll find some more words to write now!

I did read the end before I was 100 pages in, because I wanted to know where things were when it ended, and I knew that there was going to be something with the one guy, seeing as Mo took over his job! Though I wasn't expecting it to be what it was!

I did feel bad for Lila and Devon, things are against them, and she had to hurt him now there would be less potential for hurt later down the road. After all, the lives they're living, not exactly the safest! But hopefully they're work through this by the end of the series!

Really great book, and the mystery of her dad and why her mom left, and what the Draconis are planning, I can't wait to read about it! I want to know more!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Black Blade #1
Read: August 13th, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I love her books, and yeah, it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: K-Teen
Published: April 28th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!