Saturday, August 15, 2015

Week 32 Review: The Rules For Breaking

From Goodreads:
Anna Boyd almost lost her life to get what she wanted most in the world: freedom.

But just when it seems that her family has finally escaped Witness Protection, the illusion that Anna could resume a normal life comes crashing down.

The deadly man Anna knows as Thomas is still on the loose, and now he's using her as a pawn in a dangerous game with the drug cartel determined to silence her forever. When Thomas and a mysterious masked man capture not only Anna but also her fragile younger sister and her boyfriend, Anna decides it's time to break all the rules-even if it means teaming up with the lesser of two evils.

Anna will do whatever it takes to protect the people she loves and win her life back once and for all. But her true enemies are hidden in plain sight. Before long, Anna will learn that putting her trust in anyone may be the last mistake she ever makes.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! It carried the mysteries of the last book that were left unsolved, and solved them in a really awesome way, and it was just so interesting to read, to find out where it was going! I enjoyed it so much!

I did find, that the writing, mostly the dialogue, but a few other places, too, It felt like what should be said in the perfect situation, instead of what they really wanted to say. Like, it was kind of formal, and it worked, but for me, just the slightest bit annoying.

One thing that I really enjoyed, was having the rules of the previous book crossed up, and then having an edited or updated version of them by Anna, that connected the series, and was just really enjoyable to read!

Things start right away, things were happening, and it was just so entertaining to read! There was the kidnapping, and the mystery, and things weren't what they seemed, because Thomas, oh, boy, he had a pretty scheming mind!

Really great book, and I enjoyed it a lot! Really great book!

Author: Ashley Elston
Series: The Rules for Disappearing #2
Read: August 11th, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a End of Series 2015 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Published: May 20th 2014
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!