Saturday, February 16, 2019

Week 7 Review: The Cerulean

From Goodreads:
Sera has always felt as if she didn't belong among her people, the Cerulean. She is curious about everything and can't stop questioning her three mothers, her best friend, Leela, and even the High Priestess. Sera has longed for the day when the tether that connects her City Above the Sky to the earthly world below finally severs and sends the Cerulean to a new planet.

But when Sera is chosen as the sacrifice to break the tether, she doesn't know what to feel. To save her City, Sera must throw herself from its edge and end her own life. But something goes wrong and she survives the fall, landing in a place called Kaolin. She has heard tales about the humans there, and soon learns that the dangers her mothers warned her of are real. If Sera has any hope to return to her City, she'll have to find the magic within herself to survive. 

My Review:
Wow, I really enjoyed reading this book! I loved the world and the rules that governed it. Well, some of them, and maybe some of them were distorted, which was something that this book questioned, and hopefully we'll see more of in the sequel!

For me, my favourite POV was Sera, and my least favourite was Leo's in the beginning. Because his culture was very male-centric, and women weren't allowed to take out money of their own accounts without a male with them. Boo! But his connection of Sera opens his eyes, which was a welcome change for me!

I do have some suspicions about what's going on with the High Priestess, and the bond. We're given some hints, and from those, I have some guesses about what happened, and I hope I'm right, both for self-patting on the back, and for the characters. Can't wait to find out if I'm right!

I was kinda expecting something to go seriously wrong. Tree did set herself on fire, but that wasn't the bad guys interfering. Which makes me think there'll be a reckoning pretty early on in the sequel. And I can't wait to read it!

This book was really fantastic, I enjoyed it so much, and I can't wait for the sequel!

Author: Amy Ewing
Series: Untitled Duology #1
Read: February 15th, 2019
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: February 5th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!