Saturday, February 23, 2019

Week 8 Review: Strange Truth


From Goodreads:
Twin Peaks meets Pretty Little Liars in acclaimed author Maggie Thrash's new Strange Truth series.

It's better to know the truth. At least sometimes.

Halfway through Friday night's football game, beautiful cheerleader Brittany Montague—dressed as the giant Winship Wildcat mascot—hurls herself off a bridge into Atlanta's surging Chattahoochee River.

Just like that, she's gone.

Eight days later, Benny Flax and Virginia Leeds will be the only ones who know why.

My Review:
This book was great to read! I really enjoyed the main characters, Benny and Virginia, they were both a bit strange and some of their thoughts had me shaking my head. The mystery was really great and pretty fast paced, though we knew that from the synopsis, that 8 days later bit.

I wouldn't want to attend Winship. It sounds really exclusive and elitist, and I don't like that kind of attitude. Plus there was the whole thing with the Boarders. I mean, they were looked down upon by their fellow students, and they weren't really looked after! Bah!

There were a few different threads that all came together for the mystery. Like, their one teacher being a predator and filming the girls in their locker rooms. There was whatever was going on with the one football player who was dating the cheer leader. There was the ghost in the Boarder's house. And I loved how it all came together, though it wasn't as satisfying for the characters, because like the synopsis says, they're the only ones who know why, but they're also really the only ones who know.

There were a few personal mysteries in this book. Like, what happened to Benny's dog that caused him to hate the police. There's whatever happened in Virginia's past with the stalking, and who was stalking whom. Can't wait to learn more about these two!

I really enjoyed this book, it was a great read, can't wait to read Strange Lies!

Author: Maggie Thrash
Series: Strange Truth #1
Read: February 16th, 2019
Source: Edelweiss/Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: October 4th 2016
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!