Saturday, December 7, 2019

Week 49 Review: Spartan Destiny

From Goodreads:
This Spartan makes her own destiny . . .

Most kids at the Colorado branch of Mythos Academy know me as Rory Forseti, the daughter of Reaper assassins. Secretly, I'm a member of Team Midgard, a group of students and adults tasked with stopping Covington, the evil leader of the Reapers of Chaos. For me, the mission is a deeply personal one, since Covington is also the man who murdered my parents.

When my friends and I get a lead on a powerful artifact that Covington wants to steal, we think we finally have a chance to thwart the Reapers and stop them for good. Team Midgard comes up with a plan, but everything goes sideways, and I'm suddenly in the fight of my life.

My worst fears might have come true, but I know what my Spartan destiny is—to save my friends, or die trying . . 

My Review:
Yeah, this book was so fantastic! I wasn't quite sure whether or not this was the end of the series. On the one hand, it does wrap up the big story line with Covington. On the other, that means we're done with Rory and company. But I found on Jennifer Estep's website a mention that this was the final book.

This is our 3rd adventure starring Rory, so we've gotten to know her and her friends. I loved how it started off, that was very tricky! It set things up quite nicely for everything that happened later! I enjoyed spending more time with these characters!

So Rory has this fear of the heart, that Covington is going to get ahold of it and use it to control her, make her a Reaper, and on others. But she's a Spartan, she's not going to sit there and do nothing. So she makes a plan so he can't get get the heart.

Wow, that ending! Rory has to make some really tough choices-and she has to be smart. It wasn't easy, and it was almost hard to read, watching her have to make battlefield decisions. She's just a teen, and she's making these life and death decisions for her and and her loved ones, decisions that if she makes wrong, could ripple out and affect so many lives in a negative way! That's a lot of pressure!

Loved reading this book so much, it was so fantastic, and I can't wait to read more of her books!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Mythos Academy: Colorado #3
Read: December 3rd, 2019
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2019 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Jennifer Estep
Expected Publication: January 14th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!