Saturday, December 21, 2019

Week 51 Review: Two Can Keep a Secret

From Goodreads:
Echo Ridge is small-town America. Ellery's never been there, but she's heard all about it. Her aunt went missing there at age seventeen. And only five years ago, a homecoming queen put the town on the map when she was killed. Now Ellery has to move there to live with a grandmother she barely knows.

The town is picture-perfect, but it's hiding secrets. And before school even begins for Ellery, someone's declared open season on homecoming, promising to make it as dangerous as it was five years ago. Then, almost as if to prove it, another girl goes missing.

Ellery knows all about secrets. Her mother has them; her grandmother does too. And the longer she's in Echo Ridge, the clearer it becomes that everyone there is hiding something. The thing is, secrets are dangerous--and most people aren't good at keeping them. Which is why in Echo Ridge, it's safest to keep your secrets to yourself.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I really enjoyed her first one, and I couldn't wait to read this mystery as well! Getting to know these characters-Ellery and Malcolm, in the opposite sides of the coin in this situation-one with a missing family member, possibly a victim, the other with a family member suspected to be the villain. It was fantastic!

The town of Echo Ridge has seen some tragedy regarding its young ladies. I was a little unclear about the timing and events surrounding Ellery's aunt's disappearance, but she hasn't been seen since. And then there was a murder. And then another disappearance in the here and now! It was fantastic to read!

It's a pretty fantastic mystery, the bad guy came pretty much out of left field. There were hints to part of the solution, but they well written and deflected attention going in that direction. I initially thought that it was a negative, but writing this review, decided it was a positive!

That ending, oh! The was the big reveal-and then there was the secret. And that's something that if I've read, it doesn't happen often, and it's not something that we'll revisit in the future, what we got is probably all we're going to get. So that reveal ending, and doing nothing about it, oh, did that play with my emotions!

Yeah, I loved reading this book, it was really fantastic, I can't wait to read more by Karen M. McManus!

Author: Karen M. McManus
Read: December 15th, 2019
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2019 Book and Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: January 8th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!