Saturday, April 4, 2020

Week 14 Reviews: Reveal Me, Imagine Me


From Goodreads:
This fourth companion novella to Tahereh Mafi's New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series is narrated by fan favorite character Kenji Kishimoto!

The explosive revelations in Defy Me have left readers reeling and desperate for answers. This fourth and final novella in the series will bring readers back to the world of the Shatter Me before the final novel installment hits shelves in winter 2020.

From Goodreads:
The explosive finale to the New York Times and USA Today bestselling Shatter Me series.

Juliette Ferrars.

Ella Sommers.

Which is the truth and which is the lie?

Now that Ella knows who Juliette is and what she was created for, things have only become more complicated. As she struggles to understand the past that haunts her and looks to a future more uncertain than ever, the lines between right and wrong—between Ella and Juliette—blur. And with old enemies looming, her destiny may not be her own to control.

The day of reckoning for the Reestablishment is coming. But she may not get to choose what side she fights on. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these books. But they weren't quite what I was expecting for the ending. I mean, I kinda though it would be a pretty triumphant ending, like Ignite Me. But instead Juliette/Ella continued on a downward spiral. Bah.

Reveal Me was Kenji's POV, which was excellent, because he does have a a few very pressing concerns about what's happened in the past 1.5 books. And there was a development in his relationship-which continued on when he narrated half the chapters in Imagine Me. But he didn't act like he usually does, and there was a loose thread or two of his story, that I wish could've been tied up.

Imagine Me, it just didn't make a lot of sense. In a way, Juliette/Ella is in a place like she was in Shatter Me, like all her progress was knocked out. And that was sad to read. And I didn't get what was going on. Still don't.

The ending was a little rushed, and a bit disjointed, because we did switch back and forth between Juliette/Ella and Kenji. And then we had this weird 3 chapter epilogue narrated by Warner that was sweet, but I wanted more. It ended on a really weird scene, and we didn't even get to see their wedding! Bah!

These books were excellent reads, they were weird and not what I was expecting, but I enjoyed them!

Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #5.5, 6
Read: March 31st, 31st, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and they're 2020 Dystopia Books, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Books and WoW Books! And Imagine Me is a End of Series 2020 Book!
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: October 8th 2019, March 31st 2020

Reveal Me:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Imagine Me:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!