Saturday, April 25, 2020

Week 17 Review: Starbreaker

From Goodreads:
THEY NEVER WANTED TO BE HEROES

Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan are still the galaxy's Most Wanted, and with revolution in the wind and the universe on the brink of catastrophic war, the situation couldn't be more desperate. Despite the Dark Watch scouring the known sectors for them, rebel leaders have handed the crew of the Endeavor a delicate and dangerous mission: break into Starbase 12 and free renowned scientist Reena Ahern. She's the only one who stands a chance of tipping the odds in their favor for the first time in decades.

BUT PULLING OFF THE IMPOSSIBLE IS WHAT THEY DO BEST

The clock is ticking. But as their attraction builds and secrets are revealed, Tess and Shade must decide if they trust each other enough to execute this impossible prison break. They could change the course of history, but they'll be risking everything... They'll just have to tackle one crisis at a time.

My Review:
Loved reading this book so much! It was a fantastic sequel, and such an entertaining read! I loved spending more time with these characters, we learned more about this world, and of course there was a ton of action! So well done!

The fact that Tess and the crew of Endeavor are sent on this mission with basically no information, that's awful and suspicious, since they just gave the higher ups the serum, albeit with some conditions. I felt so bad for Tess!

There were a ton of surprises and reveals in this book. Like who her father is. That one person isn't what they seem. That was pretty shocking, and we did get to see it play out a little bit. I would really like to explore it more, though!

So the way things ended with this book, things are fairly wrapped up. There could be a 3rd book or more, or this might be the end. We are going back to her Kingmaker world with her next book, so I have no idea if we are getting a 3rd book or not. I would love a 3rd one because I just enjoy these characters and this world so much! Also, I have a sinking feeling about one of the characters, which may very well be wrong, but it would explain a little question I have.

Edited to add, I asked Amanda Bouchet about there being a 3rd book, and she said that we'd get the Kingmaker book, then a 3rd Endeavor, and then more Kingmaker. So yeah, I'm really excited about this, that we're getting more!

This was such a wonderful read, I loved it so much, and I would love more of this world if we do get more!

Author: Amanda Bouchet
Series: Endeavor #2
Read: April 23rd, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, had to read this one! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Expected Publication: April 28th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!