Saturday, May 9, 2020

Week 19 Review: Corpse & Crown

From Goodreads:
From Alisa Kwitney comes a connected novel set in the same alternative Victorian England of Cadaver & Queen. Corpse & Crown follows the story of Agatha DeLacey, an Ingold nursing student who travels to London and uncovers a devastating secret about the country's Bio-Mechanicals. Inspired by the classic story of Oliver Twist and complete with a dashing Artful Dodger-inspired male lead, this retelling is a satisfying follow-up to Kwitney's clever and critically acclaimed young adult debut. 

My Review:
Reading this book was really fantastic! It's been a while since I read the first one, and I wasn't sure how this book connected, but yeah, Lizzie and Victor are both in this book, and it was great to see them, and also get to know Agatha and Dodger. Well, we got hints of Dodger, but only little tidbits.

This was a really great story, of a young relationship complicated by an accident, and furthermore by one big horrible situation that had them all mixed up. Watching these two deal with some pretty terrible circumstances, it was fantastic to read!

So I'm a bit curious about something. Dodger was murdered to become a Bio-Mechanical. And the one participant is going to have some consequences. But the other, he's not mentioned. And it's a little unfair, that.

While it has been a year since this was published, I'm really hoping that we'll get a sequel, because I really think it would be great if Justine could have her own book. After all, she's been in both books, and after what happened in this one, well, she could have a story, and I would really enjoy getting to explore her character more!

Really enjoyed reading this book, it was such a quick and delightful read!

Author: Alisa Kwitney
Series: Cadaver & Crown #2
Read: May 8th, 2020
Source: Bought/Edelweiss
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Historical Fiction 2020 Book and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: February 1st 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!