Saturday, November 7, 2020

Week 45 Review: Seasons of the Storm

From Goodreads:
For fans of Maggie Stiefvater and Laini Taylor, a perfect storm lies ahead in this riveting fantasy duology opener from award-winning author Elle Cosimano.

One cold, crisp night, Jack Sommers was faced with a choice—live forever according to the ancient, magical rules of Gaia, or die.

Jack chose to live, and in exchange, he became a Winter—an immortal physical embodiment of the season on Earth. Every year, he must hunt the Season who comes before him. Summer kills Spring. Autumn kills Summer. Winter kills Autumn. And Spring kills Winter.

Jack and Fleur, a Winter and a Spring, fall for each other against all odds. To be together, they'll have to escape the cycle that's been forcing them apart. But their creator won't let them go without a fight. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! I loved the idea of there being Seasons, and that the current season had to be murdered by the coming season, and then they'd be reformed and do the cycle all over again. It's such an interesting concept, and when you add falling in love, well, I just had to read it! 

And it's a little funny, it starts at the beginning of 2020, and gets to at least the same point in 2021, well, it was written before then, so it's not like it can really mention all the crazy stuff that went down in this year. But it's fiction and I'm kinda glad that it's not in there. 

We were in both Jack and Fleur's head, which was great, because with the whole season killing each other thing, they weren't always around for the important moments. But it also meant that we could see their relationship from both sides, why they fell in love! 

I think I was most interested in how the system used to be-a system that showed that they don't have to live that this, that they can get free and still survive. And I loved how everything followed after that, it was pretty epic, and I'm excited to see where the sequel will take us! 

This book was really fantastic, and I can't wait to see where the sequel goes! 

Author: Elle Cosimano
Series: Seasons of the Storm #1
Read: October 31st, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: June 23rd 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!