Saturday, October 9, 2021

Week 40 Review: All Eyes on Us

From Goodreads:
Pretty Little Liars meets People Like Us in this taut, tense thriller about two teens who find their lives intertwined when an anonymous texter threatens to spill their secrets and uproot their lives.

PRIVATE NUMBER: Wouldn't you look better without a cheater on your arm?
AMANDA: Who is this?

The daughter of small town social climbers, Amanda Kelly is deeply invested in her boyfriend, real estate heir Carter Shaw. He's kind, ambitious, the town golden boy—but he's far from perfect. Because behind Amanda's back, Carter is also dating Rosalie.

PRIVATE NUMBER: I'm watching you, Sweetheart.
ROSALIE: Who IS this?

Rosalie Bell is fighting to remain true to herself and her girlfriend—while concealing her identity from her Christian fundamentalist parents. After years spent in and out of conversion "therapy," her own safety is her top priority. But maintaining a fake, straight relationship is killing her from the inside.

When an anonymous texter ropes Amanda and Rosalie into a bid to take Carter down, the girls become collateral damage—and unlikely allies in a fight to unmask their stalker before Private uproots their lives.

PRIVATE NUMBER: You shouldn't have ignored me. Now look what you made me do… 

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I loved reading about Amanda and Rosalie's stories, and how they're connected. And I just wanted to know more about the mystery of the private caller, because since we're in both girls perspectives, we know more then them, and I just wanted more!

Rosalie's situation, her family being part of a very conservative, very fundamentalist church, just infuriated me. They have such hurtful views, and those that go against those views are very poorly treated. And all because of their interpretation of the bible. Excuse you, but if you read it in English, then you're reading a translation, and translations aren't exact, darn it! So you're basing your views on a flawed set of statements, and ruining peoples lives. Good going, it's branches like you that give Christianity a bad name!

Both Amanda and Rosalie are dating the same guy. And then they start getting these threatening texts, and then things start to escalate, of secrets that they've been keeping on the verge of being released, which for some of them, would have dire consequences!

I really enjoyed how everything built up, until we'd been given clues that lead us one way-because I didn't expect how things turned out! And it was pretty awful, who was behind it all. So it was really satisfying to watch him being taken down! 

This was such a fantastic read, and I need to read more by Kit Frick! 

Author: Kit Frick
Read: October 7th, 2021
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: June 4th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!