Saturday, October 23, 2021

Week 42 Review: The Darkest Kiss

From Goodreads:
She has tempted many men...but never found her equal. Until now.

Though she has lived for centuries, Anya, goddess of anarchy, has never known pleasure. Until Lucien, the incarnation of death--a warrior eternally doomed to take souls to the hereafter. He draws her like no other. And Anya will risk anything to have him.

But when the merciless Lord of the Underworld is ordered by the gods to claim Anya herself, their uncontrollable attraction becomes an anguished pursuit. Now they must defeat the unconquerable forces that control them, before their thirst for one another demands a sacrifice of love beyond imagining...

My first review of The Darkest Kiss
My Review:
I had such a great time rereading this book! It's been a while since I last read it, but Lucian and Anya are one of my favourite couples in this series, I just love their dynamic and chemistry, and Anya is a force of nature! They're so wonderful together! 

Getting to watching Lucian and Anya fall in love was just really great! They're the beauty and the beast of this series, given that he purposely gave himself scars so he wouldn't be attractive. But that he's been ordered to kill her, well, things are complicated!

This is the book that introduces William, he who was the last hero of the final full length book in this original series. He really became a part of the group, but the way he acted in this book almost meant that we didn't get to that point. But we did, and I'm so glad! 

My question is now on reread, what happened to the key, when Cronus is killed? I don't remember it being mentioned, so either I forgot or it wasn't, and I'm interested to see if it'll be brought up again if it wasn't...

This was such a great read, and I can't wait to continue to reread this series! 

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Lords of the Underworld #2
First Read: September 2008
Second Read: May 20th, 2013
Read: October 22nd, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: HQN
Published: May 27th 2008 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!