Saturday, October 9, 2021

Week 40 Review: Junkyard Cats

From Goodreads:
From the author of the best-selling Jane Yellowrock and Soulwood series comes a tough new heroine who is far more than she seems.

After the Final War, after the appearance of the Bug aliens and their enforced peace, Shining Smith is still alive, still doing business from the old scrapyard bequeathed to her by her father. But Shining is now something more than human. And the scrapyard is no longer just a scrapyard, but a place full of secrets that she has guarded for years.

This life she has built, while empty, is predictable and safe. Until the only friend left from her previous life shows up, dead, in the back of a scrapped Tesla warplane, a note to her clutched in his fingers - a note warning her of a coming attack.

Someone knows who she is. Someone knows what she is guarding. Will she be able to protect the scrapyard? Will she even survive? Or will she have to destroy everything she loves to keep her secrets out of the wrong hands?

My Review:
Wow, this was such a great read! And it's short and intense, so quick to read! I dived into this world so easily, and it just kept coming and coming! I loved learning about Shining and watching her face this threat, with the various weapons at her disposal! 

Shining has so many secrets, though there's a few secrets that are being kept from her. And as the situation intensified, some actions needed those secrets revealed, and the action just kept continuing! I couldn't put it down! 

I really enjoyed getting to know Shining, even in these tense circumstances! We got little tidbits of her past, and who she was, and getting to know her and this very broken down world was incredible to read, and can't wait to spend more time in and with, and learn more!

The action in this book was just on point! And very creative, given the way that things work in this world, with Shining, and with the cats! I can't wait to explore further-because the action has only just started, and I can't wait to see what the fallout is going to be for all of this! 

Loved this book, and I just need to read more! 

Author: Faith Hunter
Series: Junkyard Cats #1
Read: October 7th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it sounded really great, and it's a 2021 Dystopia Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Audible Originals 
Published: January 2nd 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!