Sunday, October 31, 2021

Wheel of TBR #75, October 31st

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. For each week of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 3 or more times in month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 3 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it before the end of the month, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. Each month I'll get a prompt from my Binge Read Wheel (either specifically picking the prompt, or spinning the wheel) and I have to read at least 9 books, though I can read more!

Of the books from the last week, I read Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson, Echoes by Honor Raconteur, and I started ReDawn by Brandon Sanderson and Janci Patterson.

Binge Read Wheel:
For this month, I spun the wheel, and it gave me Reread. I read Night Study by Maria V. Snyder, Shattered Glass by Maria V. Snyder, Dawn Study by Maria V. Snyder, Tsumiko and the Enslaved Fox by Forthright, Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal by Forthright, Tamiko and the Two Janitors by Forthright, Mikoto and the Reaver Village by Forthright, Alpha Night by Nalini Singh, Last Guard by Nalini Singh, so I've read 23/9+.

For the month of November, I'm choosing my prompt, and I'm choosing ARC, because it's Next to Be Published November, so I need to read as many ARC's as I can! 

Prompts Used This Week:
Narrator As Last Read, Trope, Mood Read. 

Narrator As Last Read-Azure-The Immortal by Gena Showalter-The last book that I read as of when I did my rolls was Last Guard, which is more than one narrator, and The Immortal will have more than one narrator! 

Trope-Violet-Reckless Girls by Rachel Hawkins-This book has the Island of Mystery trope, I would say!

Mood Read-Rose-Grimoires and Where to Find Them by Honor Raconteur-I'm going to be kind to myself, because I want to read this book today, and so it can be put on this week's TBR! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 0
Orange: 0
Yellow: 0
Chartreuse: 0
Green: 0 
Spring Green: 0
Cyan: 0
Azure: 1
Blue: 0
Violet: 1
Magenta: 0 
Rose: 1

Prompts for Next Week:
A-Z End Author-Red
Continue the Series-Orange
Book Battle-Yellow
Wild Card-Chartreuse
Genre-Green
Blind-Spring Green
Representation-Cyan
A-Z Reading Challenge-Azure
Month-Blue
Steal a Book-Violet
Reread-Magenta
Less Than 500 Ratings-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!