Saturday, October 23, 2021

Week 42 Review: The Woods Are Always Watching

From Goodreads:
A companion to There's Someone Inside Your House.

Bears aren't the only predators in these woods.

Best friends Neena and Josie spent high school as outsiders, but at least they had each other. Now, with college and a two-thousand-mile separation looming on the horizon, they have one last chance to be together—a three-day hike deep into the woods of the Pisgah National Forest.

Simmering tensions lead to a detour off the trail and straight into a waking nightmare; and then into something far worse. Something that will test them in horrifying ways.

My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book! I had a great time reading her first thriller, and I was excited to read this one, it sounded pretty creepy and intense! I had a really great time reading this book, and it was a terrific read!

I know the synopsis says that this is a companion to There's Someone Inside Your House, but it's been so long since I read that, that I could read this and it not really make a difference, well, I hope to reread it soon, so I do pick up on the references.

The idea of these two friends, who are very much indoor people, going on this long hike, I was a bit dubious. And while things weren't great, well, they definitely got worse with the fact that they aren't alone in the forest.

These girls go through a lot in these woods, I can't even imagine. Between the blood lost and the injuries sustained, on top of the isolation of the woods, it was a pretty intense situation! I was rooting for them the whole way through! Though I do wish we could've had a bit of a longer ending! 

I had a blast reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Stephanie Perkins!

Author: Stephanie Perkins 
Read: October 22nd, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Loved her first YA thriller, and it's a SAC 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Dutton Books for Young Readers
Published: August 31st 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!