Saturday, October 30, 2021

Week 43 Review: The Storm of Echoes

From Goodreads:
The gripping finale to Christelle Dabos's international best-selling Mirror Visitor saga, Ophelia, the mirror-traveling heroine, and Thorn discover that the truth they have been seeking has always been hidden behind the mirror.

In this thrilling finale to the Mirror Visitor saga, Christelle Dabos takes us on a journey to the heart of a great game to which the all-too-human affairs of her book's protagonists are ominously connected.

The distrust between them has been overcome and now Ophelia and Thorn love each other passionately. However, they must keep their love hidden. Only in this way can they continue their journeys toward an understanding of the indecipherable code of God and the truth behind the mysterious figure of the Other, whose devastating power continues to bring down entire pieces of arks, plunging thousands of innocents into the void.

Ophelia and Thorn arrive at the observatory of the Deviations, an institute shrouded in absolute secrecy and overseen by a sect of mystical scientists who secretly conduct terrifying experiments. There, Ophelia and Thorn hope to discover truths that will halt the destruction and death and bring the world back into balance.

My Review:
Oh, man, this book was utterly amazing! I just love this series so much, and this was a fantastic conclusion to end it, though I really don't want to say goodbye! I loved reading it, and I had such a great time reading this book!

In my review of the first 3 books, I mentioned that with each book, Ophelia's power and knowledge increased in each book. But in this one, she's put in a position lacking power, and it was really interesting to explore those dynamics!

I'm a little bit confused as to what happened in that hospital. It was a weird fever dream, and I basically accepted that it happened, even if I don't really understand what happened. 

I loved the answers that we got, finally solving the mystery of how the spirits were created, why the world was split into Arcs, and about the Other. It was so fantastic getting those answers! And it was of great help in that ending!

Speaking of, that ending was just a little bit evil! I mean, things are basically set to rights, but there were still losses, and future losses coming. And oh, Thorn! I do wish that had be totally resolved, not left on the note that it was. 

This was a fantastic read, and I hope that if Christelle Dabos is published again, that the translations also get published! 

Author: Christelle Dabos, Translated by Hildegarde Serle
Series: The Mirror Visitor #4
Read: October 23rd, 2021 
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Loved the first 3 books, and it's a End of Series 2021 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Europa Editions 
Published: October 5th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!