Saturday, March 5, 2022

Week 9 Review: Little Girl Gone

From Goodreads:
Nothing matters more to her

when a child's life is at stake.   

Special agent Thea Lamb returns to her hometown to search for a child whose disappearance echoes a twenty-eight-year-old cold case—her twin sister's abduction. Working with her former partner, Jake Stillwell, Thea must overcome the pain, doubt and guilt that have tormented her for years and denied her a meaningful relationship. For both Thea and Jake, the job always came first…until now.  

My Review:
This was a really great read! I'm really enjoying Amanda Stevens trilogies with Harlequin Intrigue, and this was the great start of a new one, and I'm excited to see how everything plays out! In the last one, the connection was in the town that it was set, the 2nd book's mystery didn't have much to do with the overarching mystery, but in this case, book two is going to deal with the events of this one and I can't wait! 

Thea and Jake were in a relationship, one that ended when he got a promotion that required him to move. So there were some pretty interesting dynamics there-especially since this case is eerily similar to the abduction of Thea's twin, Maya. 

It was interesting investigating this case-because of the past and that this current abduction was from the same bedroom. The case did get taken over a bit by that cave, but that's going to be important, it was great to built it up in this book!

I really enjoyed who the bad guy was, I wasn't expecting that! But once we got that big suspicious piece, well, things came together, and everything was just so fast paced and it was done before I knew it! It was a fantastic ending!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Amanda Stevens 
Series: Procedural Crime #1
Read: March 2nd, 2022
Source: Bought/NetGalley
Reason Why: Love er writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Intrigue
Published: December 28th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!