Saturday, January 21, 2023

Week 3 Review: Eleanor

From Goodreads:
Forced to choose between an unhappy betrothal and marriage or becoming penniless and destitute, Eleanor Teague jumps at the chance for something more.

Madame Mortimer and her Rooksgrave Manor are everything Eleanor's friend, Esther, promised they would be. Living in the manor unlocks primal urges even Eleanor herself hadn't realized she possessed--and she thought herself well aware of her own appetites.

Eleanor finds herself keeping company with Sterling Cawley, a ghostly man with unique desires, as well a demonic being so utterly different from any human man that she may never be the same. But it's not until Madame Mortimer enables Eleanor's late fiance, Leopold, to visit her chambers that she realizes exactly how much the manor is capable of. Why would she ever want to leave?

=======================================================================

Eleanor: A New Beginning is the first in a new, fast-burn, reverse harem series by Penelope Wren. This thrilling, yet steamy novella is written in the style of gothic romance and penny dreadfuls. 

My Review:
This was a really great read! I knew going in that this was initially a series of novellas, and then she expanded the first book into A Lady of Rooksgrave Manor which I read last year, and that this was a novella. I just wanted to see more of this world, and be in Eleanor's head! 

I did notice some changes that were made, Madame Mortimer mentions in this one that there's only a couple of girls, and only when there's a new girl can they accept more clients, because the girls already there have their set number of clients. Which isn't the case in the extended version, there's plenty of girls. So I'm glad for that change! 

Eleanor made a risky choice. Her parents died in debt, and she had to sell most of her belongings to pay it back. And she could've married, but after her fiance died, that's not what she wanted. So she accepted Esther's invitation to Rooksgrave Manor. And she was, and I was, so glad that she did! 

Having now read this book, I'm kinda hoping that we'll at least get a longer novella of Eleanor's story. Because there were a few things set up in this story, like her dead fiance, and the clients that she met-and whomever is in the lake-that I'd love to explore more! I always want more!

This was a really great read, and I can't wait for the last book in the extended series! 

Author: Penelope Wren
Series: Rooksgrave Manor #2
Read: January 15th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2023 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book!  
Publisher: Kathryn Moon
Published: October 18th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!