Saturday, January 28, 2023

Week 4 Review: Heart Stings

From Goodreads:
Heart stings can be the most dangerous wounds of all . . .

Lorelei Parker has had plenty of "heart stings" in her life—moments that are both happy and sad. With her grandmother's recent marriage, Lorelei has had far more good times than bad lately.

That all changes when a ruthless Ashland underworld boss starts threatening her, but Lorelei is determined to figure out why the other crime boss is so interested in her thriving business. She vows to use her elemental Ice and metal magic to do whatever it takes to defend herself and her family.

Also in the mix is the mercurial Hugh Tucker. Lorelei doesn't know what the vampire is up to, or if he's a friend or an enemy. Tucker might even be something else, something more—if Lorelei can stay alive long enough to figure out whose side he's really on . . .

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I love her writing and this series, and while it's done for now, at least, Gin's story, it was really great to see Lorelei get a happy ending! She's been a part of the series for a good deal of time now, so I'm glad that we got her story!

Hugh Tucker has is a newer character to the series, after the first big bad of the series was defeated, and he was the henchman of the next big bad. He was redeemed throughout, but the focus was never really on him until now.

When he was kept captive by Gin, it was on Lorelei's property, and she spent a lot of time watching him. It's been a while since I read that book (or those books, I'm not sure) but I'm pretty sure there was some banter that led to their relationship in this book deepening! 

Oh man, the bad guy in this book, was just awful! I mean, he was so entitled, and it didn't really seem like he had two brain cells to rub together. I guess he did, because he figured out one thing, but other then that, just awful. He earned the end he got! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read more by Jennifer Estep! 

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Elemental Assassin #19.5
Read: January 23rd, 2023
Source: Author for Review 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book!
Publisher: Jennifer Estep
Expected Publication: May 9th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!