Friday, May 19, 2023

First Lines Friday #627, May 19th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

"When Cash told me he wanted to kill Porter Dawes, we were standing on the peak of Lawson's Bluff, our sleeves pulled down over our hands. It was the first day of November, and winter already had Vermont in its fists. Below us, Wolf Ridge spread out like an open wound, a gash sliced through the mountains. We went up there to smoke the weed we had left from the weekend and to be away from town. Wolf Ridge had a way of closing in on us. The mountains crowded us. Finding higher ground was the only way we felt less suffocated." -The Violent Season by Sara Walters

That doesn't sound very good! Must read more now! What about you guys? Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!