Saturday, May 27, 2023

Week 21 Review: The Only Purple House in Town

From Goodreads:
Iris Collins is the messy one in her family. The "chaos bunny." Her sisters are all wildly successful, while she can't balance her budget for a single month. It's no wonder she's in debt to her roommates. When she unexpectedly inherits a house from her great aunt, her plan to turn it into a B&B fails—as most of her plans do. She winds up renting rooms like a Victorian spinster, collecting other lost souls...and not all of them are "human."

Eli Reese grew up as the nerdy outcast in school, but he got rich designing apps. Now he's successful by any standards. But he's never had the same luck in finding a real community or people who understand him. Over the years, he's never forgotten his first crush, so when he spots her at a café, he takes it as a sign. Except then he gets sucked into the Iris-verse and somehow ends up renting one of her B&B rooms. As the days pass, Eli grows enchanted by the misfit boarders staying in the house...and even more so by Iris. Could Eli have finally found a person and a place to call "home"?

My Review:
This was a was an amazing read! I'm so glad that this series is continuing! I love this world, and it's opened wider in this book, which was so fantastic! Because Eli is a shifter, and Iris is from a psychic vampire family. And I loved this found family that gathered around Iris, it was so great! 

I honestly teared up a little bit at the beginning. I connected to both of these characters in different ways. Eli is lonely, he doesn't have any friends who would check in if he stopped communicating. And Iris she's the family screw up, that things just go wrong for her. And I related to both of those so much, it hurt to see my own loneliness reflected on the page. 

The fact that Iris helped Eli from being bullied when they were children, and he's basically lightly stalked her from then on, his shy and awkwardness making it hard for him to talk to people yeah, I can understand that. The fact that when he works up the nerve, there's a miscommunication and she thinks he's one of the potential renters, that was so cute!

Watching as the group came together, of these people who were down on their luck, who needed a home, and how they formed this family, it was just so adorable! When there was the added pressure of the secrets that Eli was keeping even as he and Iris were falling in love, and her family finding out some difficult truths, and oh, an infuriating neighbour, there was a lot going on! It was just so fantastic to read! 

This was an amazing read and I'm so glad that I decided to read it on my birthday, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Ann Aguirre
Series: Fix-It Witches #4
Read: May 24th, 2023
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
Expected Publication: July 11th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!