Saturday, May 27, 2023

Week 21 Review: Unravel the Dusk

From Goodreads:
Maia Tamarin's journey to sew the dresses of the sun, the moon and the stars has taken a grievous toll. She returns to a kingdom on the brink of war. The boy she loves is gone, and she is forced to don the dress of the sun and assume the place of the emperor's bride-to-be to keep the peace.

But the war raging around Maia is nothing compared to the battle within. Ever since she was touched by the demon Bandur, she has been changing . . . glancing in the mirror to see her own eyes glowing red, losing control of her magic, her body, her mind. It's only a matter of time before Maia loses herself completely, but she will stop at nothing to find Edan, protect her family, and bring lasting peace to her country.

YA fantasy readers will love the sizzling forbidden romance, mystery, and intrigue of Unravel the Dusk.

My Review:
Yeah, loved reading this book After the events of the previous one, I had to know how things were going to wrap up. Plus I'm pretty sure that the Six Crimson Cranes series is set in the same world, with that story about a girl and her brothers, and I'm looking forward to finding out if I'm correct or not.

Maia is fighting an unwinnable battle. She's slowly becoming a demon and having her demon self's voice in her head, and the war that she worked so hard to prevent has come. To have sacrificed so much, and for all of it to come to naught was just so frustrating! 

In the first book, Maia was competing for the position, and then on the quest. This book had more action, but it also was dealing with Maia losing her humanity, losing bits of herself as she used the dress, but also learning more about her magic and I couldn't put it down! 

I loved how things ended. The final battle was so close with some pretty tense moments! I loved watching them make their final stand, and how everything played out! I found that ending so satisfying, the lives that they created for themselves after everything that they'd been through! 

Loved reading this so much, and I can't wait to read more by Elizabeth Lim! 

Author: Elizabeth Lim
Series: The Blood of Stars #2
Read: May 20th, 2023
Source: Own/Library
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a End of Series 2023 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Knopf
Published: July 7th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!