Saturday, August 5, 2023

Week 31 Review: Decay Like Gold

From Goodreads:
Theron's point of view for FROST LIKE NIGHT!

My Review:
I'm so glad that we got this short story, of these moments that made up Theron's life, who shaped him into who he was, and why he did what he did throughout the series. Because yeah, he had a tough time from the beginning, given his parents' story! 

I do wish that I had reread the rest of the series. It's been so long since I read it, so there was much that I forgot, and while this did bring back some memories of the series, there were a lot of moments of confusion, about who these people were, and what was going on, and it would've been a better reading experience to have read the whole series closely together. Alas, I still enjoyed reading it and glad I did, i just wish I could've spared the time! 

The whole thing with his mom, that was jut so sad. And he was just a child. And the way that his father reacted, and acted afterwards, well, there's a reason why he was an antagonistic figure in the series. But yeah, that was rough.

Then there's the point from book 3, which yeah, that was another difficult time for Theron, being under the control of the bad guy like that. He's definitely one of the ones that went through a lot, and he has a lot of heal from, but I'm glad that he has the opportunity to do so. 

Loved reading it, it was just so good! 

Author: Sara Raasch
Series: Snow Like Ashes #3.1
Read: August 3rd, 2023
Source: Online 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Sara Raasch
Published: January 1st 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!