Saturday, August 5, 2023

Week 31 Review: Naramauke

From Goodreads:
Erik was born with a broken heart.

He can't feel love. He hates kissing. He gets nauseous at the idea of being a boyfriend.

And then he meets the Girl from Hell.

The Teen Killers Club #1 best-parts version from Erik's POV, only available until the publication of Teen Killers at Large (Teen Killers Club #3) in October of 2023.

My Review:
I'm so glad that we got this story! Erik is a central character in this series alongside Signal, so that we got his perspective of these events was so great! It has been a long time since I read the first book, so I didn't remember quite what went on there, but this book had enough references to keep me going which was really great! 

Sometimes I just really want to shake Erik's mother. There's this one point where they're talking about emotions and she says that he has limited ones, and he mentions how hard it is to prove a negative, and she mentions Skye going off to college, and Erik's response gave her what she wanted. But even if she didn't believe him, couldn't she at least understand that there is bad blood between Erik and Skye? That Erik doesn't want to visit Skye? Instead, she lets her preconceived notions guide her. Which is why people who deal with mental health shouldn't treat those to whom it is personal. Argh! 

Erik has latched onto Signal as a way to improve his life-she's innocent, which throws into question the Wylie-Stanton, to be free. But along the way, he gets to know her, he falls in love, even though he denies it because he's been conditioned to believe that he can't love. 

It was funny, from an outsiders' perspective, because she was terrified of him, and he wanted to prove her innocence and had been protecting her, even from things that Signal didn't notice. With all the feelings that he started having towards her, some of the pain that she was causing, yeah, I'm really glad that we got this story! 

Loved reading this story, I'm so glad that we got it, I really enjoyed being in Erik's head! 

Author: Lily Sparks 
Series: Teen Killers Club #4
Read: July 29th, 2023 
Source: Pre-Order Incentive 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Lily Sparks 
Published: July 17th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!