Saturday, November 11, 2023

Week 45 Review: Eragon

From Goodreads:
One boy...
One dragon...
A world of adventure.

When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself.

Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a king whose evil knows no bounds.

Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands.

My Review:
It was so fantastic to read this book again! The first (and maybe online time?) I read it, was before I was blogging and keeping track of my reading, back in spring 2011. So it's been a long time since I read the first half of the series! So I'm glad to be back in this world! 

This book is very much the classic hero's journey, inspired by countless giants of fantasy before it, but given that it was written when Christopher Paolini was young, and I think it was his first book, yeah, it's pretty impressive, especially with how long it is! 

Watching Eragon go on this journey, finding Saphira's egg, on a quest after those that killed his uncle, was so entertaining! I loved watching him travel the land, learn to be a dragon rider, and channel his emotions into the quest.

It's kinda amazing what Eragon accomplished in this first book, with only a beginning of training, and with only a few people plus Saphira with him. But boy, does he have his work cut out for him in the future, with the huge task he still has to deal with, dealing with the empire! 

It was so good to read this book again and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Christopher Paolini
Series: The Inheritance Cycle #1
Read: November 9th, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, I love his writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
Published: June 1st 2002 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!