Saturday, March 2, 2024

Week 9 Review: Becoming Alpha

From Goodreads:
Tessa McCaide has a unique talent for getting into trouble. Then again, it isn't easy for a girl with visions to ignore what she sees. Luckily Tessa and her family are leaving California and moving halfway across the country, giving her the perfect opportunity to leave her reputation as "Freaky Tessa" behind.

But Tessa doesn't realize that kissing the wrong guy in her new Texas town could land her in far more trouble than she ever imagined. Like being forced to attend St. Ailbe's Academy, a secret boarding school for werewolves.

Even if the wrong guy did accidentally turn her into one of "them" and doom her to attending the weirdest high school ever, Tessa can't help her growing attraction to the mysterious Dastien Laurent.

When vampires attack St. Alibe's and her visions pinpoint an enemy in their midst, Tessa realizes that boy drama and her newfound canine tendencies might just be the least of her problems.

My Review:
Oh, I loved reading this book! I didn't realize that I'd gotten it through NetGalley until well after I fell in love with the Aunare Chronicles, but I'm glad for how it worked out, because that series cemented my love of her writing, and then I could come to this series, and I'm so excited to be reading it all throughout this month! 

It really sucks for Tessa, to touch something and experience visions. But then they move to Texas, and she meets Dastien, and he bites her, and she becomes a werewolf. Which is a pretty big life change for her, and one that she takes a while to accept. 

I know in the future this series is going to explore the fac that she was supposed to be the leader of the nearby coven, but this is the start of the series, and the focus is on the werewolves. And her relationship with Dastien, since they are mates, but he bit her, so its complicated at first.

That showdown at the end was pretty intense! I had a great time watching them fight the vampires, and the subsequent interaction with the guy who set it all up. I'm so excited to see where the series is going to go from here! 

Loved reading this book and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Aileen Erin
Series: Alpha Girl #1
Read: March 1st, 2024
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it's a Prequel & Sequel 2024 Book! 
Publisher: Ink Monster, LLC
Published: December 17th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!