Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 29 Review: If I Tell

From Goodreads:
Jasmine Evans knows one thing for sure... people make mistakes. After all, she is one. Jaz is the result of a onenight stand between a black football player and a blonde princess. Having a young mother who didn't raise her, a father who wants nothing to do with her and living in a small-minded town where she's never fit in hasn't been easy. But she's been surviving. Until she sees her mom's new boyfriend making out with her own best friend. When do you forgive people for being human or give up on them forever?


My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! Jasmine was a really great character to read about (and I feel like I've been saying this too much, but it's true! But this is part of the reason why I'm writing this review over 2 years later!) And the situation that she finds herself in, is tough!

Jasmine's been raised by her grandparents, because like the synopsis says, she's the product of a one night stand between two people who could only be more different if they had a bigger difference in their families economic means. Well, and popularity, too. So Jasmine doesn't really fit in anywhere, which sucks.

And then she sees that kiss, and things go from OK, to a problem. Because the title is pretty apt, does she tell about the kiss, and ruin a relationship, or keep quite, and know that this guy doesn't actually care about her mom, and other consequences.

Personally, compromise is my thing. (Not in my life, because nobody sees their personal stuff as easy as outsiders!) And as for the question in the synopsis, the little and medium things, you forgive pretty quickly. The big things, case to case basis. And with as much information as possible, find out more about the situation, whether to forgive or not! So I think Jasmine did a pretty great job of that!

I wish that Jasmine had told her grandmother about her fear of water, but she does deal with it in this book, so yeah, really great book! I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Janet Gurtler
Read: July 14th, 2012
Source: Library/NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: October 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!