Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week 30 Review: Forgiven

From Goodreads:
The days are growing darker for 17-year-old demon trapper Riley Blackthorne. With her father's reanimated body back safely, Beck barely speaking to her because of a certain hunky Fallen angel, and a freshly-made deal with Lucifer, she has enough on her hands to last a normal teenage lifetime. Though she bargained with Heaven to save his life, her ex-boyfriend Simon has told the Vatican's Demon Hunters that she's working with Hell. So now she's in hiding, at the top of everyone's most-wanted list. 

But it's becoming clear that this is bigger than Riley, and rapidly getting out of control:  something sinister is happening in Atlanta… or someone. The demons are working together for the first time ever and refusing to die, putting civilians in harm's way. Riley thinks she might know who's behind it all, but who's going to believe her? Caught between her bargain with Heaven and her promise to Lucifer, Riley fears the final war is coming – and it may be closer than anyone thinks…

My Review:
This was such a great book! I loved reading it, such a great book! I mean, Riley's been through a lot, and it's still not done! Between the battle of Heaven and Hell, well, that's enough for anybody. But that's not all that's going on in Riley's life!

Oh, Simon, you are such an asshole. You might not know it, but she's the reason why you're alive. And then you tell the Vatican Demon Hunters that she's working with Hell, when she has a promise to Lucifer, and worked with Heaven to bring you back to life! So not the right thing to do!

Beck kisses Riley! Finally! That's something that I've been waiting for since the first book! So yeah, I really enjoyed that a lot! Too bad that they couldn't stay with that, but bad things are happening! And Riley was pretty badass, facing off Lucifer and Michael!

I had a bad feeling about Ori, and it was confirmed in this book, which was too bad for Riley, she liked spending time with him, and then he did this to her. He might have good reasons, but that doesn't cancel out the pain he caused here.

Oh, man, this was such a great book, I enjoyed it so much, and I can't wait for the final book!

Author: Jana Oliver
Series: The Demon Trappers #3
Read: July 24th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book, and I'm loving this series, and it's a 2012 Dystopian book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: March 27th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!