Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week 30 Review: Angelfire

From Goodreads:
First there are nightmares.
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.

Then come the memories.
When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Now she must hunt.
Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.

My Review:
Oh, I really enjoyed this book a lot! It was really great and entertaining, and I just loved everything that went into it, from the world, the characters and their conflict, just everything! It was just so great to read! Loved it!

So I don't know what I loved more in this book, the characters, or the world. Because both were just fantastic to read, the characters were real and fleshed out, and I could feel for their problems! And the world, just wow, I enjoyed it so much!

I just loved this take on fallen angels! There's been a few series about them (Fallen and the Hush, Hush series comes to mind) but this one, oh, this take hasn't been done before (at least that I've read, so more then likely, not have been done) and it was just unique and loveable!

Between the romance that just doesn't seem to have any backing from any quarter, the characters, the plot, and all the action-and that ending-they just came together to make a book that I loved, and started an itch to read the rest of the books!

Yeah, this was a really great book, and I'm going to have to read the rest of the series!

Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Series: Angelfire #1
Read: July 25th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a reward challenge book, LLFL Book, RR book, and Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge book!
Publisher: HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books
Published: February 15th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!