Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week 30 Review: Epic Fail


From Goodreads:
At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Cast in point:

- As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school - not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.
- As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn't exactly on everyone's must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise's beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince's best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

My Review:
Loved this book! It was cute, it was fun, it had great characters, and rivalries, and though I wish it had been longer, with a bit more of a resolved ending considering Webster, the romantic ending was very good, and sweet, with her and Derek, they made quite a cute couple, and it was adorable how shy he was!

So this book was just unexpected for me. I hadn't read any other books by Claire LaZebnik, but from how good this one was, well, I will be reading more! I didn't really have any expectations, but if I did, then, wow, they'd have been blown out of the water!

I just really enjoyed the story that was told in this book, about people, and how just because someone seems one way, doesn't mean that they're actually that person. Which happened with both Derek and Webster. They both had hidden depths, though not in a good way for Webster!

What I really wish is that there could've been more of Elise and Derek's relationship, because it was really sweet, and I enjoyed it! And I also wish that there could've really been a punishment for Mr. Use the Celebrities! Because he deserves that!

This was a really great, fun book! I just really enjoyed it, and I can't wait to read more by Claire LaZebnik!

Author: Claire LaZebnik
Read: July 23rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a LLFL book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: August 2nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!