Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week 30 Review: Rapture

From Goodreads:
The sky is dark with wings....

Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.

Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn't know if he can do this — live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies...and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.

And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they've borne has always and only been about her — and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

My Review:
I had bitter-sweet feelings about the ending of this book! I mean, her memories were really important to Luce, but then again, she isn't actually the same, so I guess that's OK. But something I'm wondering about, is about the life that she left behind, because we didn't really get to see that, we saw her new life, and that first meeting, which was very sweet, by the way! But I wish we could've had more!

The whole Daniel/Luce/Kinda Cam triangle, where it seems like Luce and Cam might be good together, kinda, and some of the things that he said in this book, well, I can't remember too well what happened to Cam and his love from Passion, so I'm not sure if we got all the details from that. But yeah, very interesting, and I wish there could've been more book!

When the first split up to find the things that they needed, it was kinda obvious that Luce and Daniel would have to come in and help at least 1 group, and that did happen, but it was nice or heartbreaking depending on which team it was.

And we finally got to see Miss Sophia again, which we really hadn't seen since the end of Fallen, so yeah, that was a great thing! And while that part might have been pretty short, there was a lot more detail, and we got to learn so much, some questions that had been bugging me. So yeah, loved that bit, besides the deaths of 2 angels. That wasn't fun to read! It was very, very sad. Anyways.

This book was an excellent end to the series, and I'll be sad to see it go, and to say goodbye to the characters, but I can't wait to see what Lauren Kate will write next! I hope you guys check this book out if you haven't, because it's freaking awesome!

Author: Lauren Kate
Series: Fallen #4
Read: July 21st, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved the first 3 books, had to finish the series, and it's a WoW book!
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: June 12th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!