Saturday, December 15, 2012

Week 50 Review: Brave New Love

From Goodreads:
Young love has always had its challenges, but even so, the world falling apart at its seams is a pretty big obstacle. This stellar collection of YA dystopian tales explores survival of the fittest in terms of love, passion, and humanity. When the survival of the human race is at stake, what will it take for the bond between two people to hold strong together? 

My Review:
Oh, man, this was a really fantastic collection of short stories! And I just had to read them, because some of the authors include Maria V. Snyder, Diana Peterfreund, Carrie Ryan, and Kiera Cass, and I just love their writing! I just had to read it!

This is a collection of dystopian stories, when things are pretty bad. And yet, there's also love, and yeah, I think that this was a pretty great theme for a collection of short stories, and I enjoyed reading all of them so much!

There was a variety of worlds in these stories, that take totally different takes on the same theme. It's what I love about YA, but in a more concentrated form, because all of these stories are in the same collection!

I did like some stories more then others, like the Maria V. Snyder story, but I did enjoy reading all of them, they were just really great to read! Dark, light, funny, not, breeding a good thing, or a bad thing, all these different things happening in the same collection!

I enjoyed reading this anthology a whole ton, and I'm glad that the Maria V. Snyder one was in it, because it's the reason that I read this!

Authors:  Jeanne DuPrau, William Sleator, Carrie Ryan, Diana Peterfreund, Carrie Vaughn, Elizabeth Bear, Jesse Karp, Kiera Cass, Seth Cadin, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, Steve Berman, John Shirley, Amanda Downum, Nisi Shawl, Maria V. Snyder
Read: December 10th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It's a 2012 Dystopian book, and it has a short story by Maria V. Snyder!
Publisher: Running Press Books
Published: January 19th 2012
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!