Saturday, December 29, 2012

Week 52 Review: Days of Blood & Starlight

From Goodreads:
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.

This is not that world.

Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is—and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.

While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.

But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?

My Review:
I loved this book! It was so great, and we got to see Karou, Akiva, Zuse, Mik, again, and yeah, it was just an awesome book, and the way it ended! I know there's going to be so much, because this one was pretty packed, at 500 or so pages!

I felt really bad about Brimstone, about the fact that he had to sacrifice his life so that the hope that was his cathedral, would be safe, so that he couldn't see the potential start to the end of the war, and the start of the fulfilment of the dream, the hope, of peace!

Loved Ziri, and I was so sad that he gave up his original body, I wish Karou could've gotten another soul from the pit, on of the ones that had just been killed, the ones that supported her, and put them in Thiago's body, but I guess that she didn't trust them as much as she did Ziri.

I really hated Thiago, he was jealous that during Karou's first life that she rejected him and picked Akiva, so he killed her, and was going to kill Akiva, so he told Akiva about the teeth and the magic. And then now, he blames Karou for telling, and I just wanted her to be able to tell someone, because that was just wrong! And how he was keeping her seperated from everyone, and threatened the lives of Zuse and Mik!

I loved this book, and yeah, I can't wait for more!!!

Author: Laini Taylor
Series: Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2
Read: December 22nd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved book #1, and it's a WoW Book, and a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: November 6th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!