Saturday, December 8, 2012

Week 49 Review: Dead Embers

From Goodreads:
Valkyrie-in-training Bryn Halbrook just can't catch a break. With her boyfriend stuck in Hel and the taunting laughter of Loki still ringing in her ears, she struggles to concentrate on her training and duties in Odin's realm. The last thing she expects or wants is more adventure—but then treachery, a shocking abduction and a chilling discovery send her forth on another perilous, globe-hopping mission.

As the ultimate battle, Ragnarok, draws closer, it's a race against time for Bryn, Fenrir and their team to discover who kidnapped her foster brother from the halls of Asgard and what's causing the mysterious deaths of so many of Odin's chosen warriors.

In the exciting sequel to DEAD RADIANCE, Bryn encounters dwarfs and dragons, new friends and old foes—but worst enemy of all may be the person she trusts most!

My Review:
Oh, wow, was this an amazing book! And then the ending! Poor Byrn, that's going to be awful to deal with, that 1) it was her blood (with the stuff from the Frost Giants) that was causing the warriors to die, and then 2) well, that Aiden is Loki's grandson, and helping him deal with that is going to be a challenge, and 3) that the bad guys took her wings. Which just means that I want Dead Chaos, like, now!!

I just loved this book so much! I was really addicted to Dead Radiance, and this picked it up instantly, I was just so happy to be back in this world, with these characters again! It was such a joy to read this book!

Lots going on for Bryn, a ton happens, lots of things are learned, and yeah, some of them are not so good, because look at the list-her blood killing them? Not good! Aiden related to Loki? Double bad stuff! And losing her wings? That was such an ending!

I was thinking something bad was coming in that ending. But I didn't expect what we, and Byrn, were hit with. I mean, to take the wings of a Valkyrie, no matter how much they were why Byrn was born, the wings of who she's reincarnated from? It's a big no-no. But they did it!

I just loved this book, and I just want more now! It's an itch to know more!

Author: T.G. Ayer
Series: Valkyrie #2
Read: December 6th, 2012
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher:  Evolved Publishing
Published: July 12th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!