Saturday, December 8, 2012

Week 49 Review: A Breath of Eyre

From Goodreads:
In this stunning, imaginative novel, Eve Marie Mont transports her modern-day heroine into the life of Jane Eyre to create a mesmerizing story of love, longing, and finding your place in the world... Emma Townsend has always believed in stories-the ones she reads voraciously, and the ones she creates. Perhaps it's because she feels like an outsider at her exclusive prep school, or because her stepmother doesn't come close to filling the void left by her mother's death. And her only romantic prospect-apart from a crush on her English teacher-is Gray Newman, a long-time friend who just adds to Emma's confusion. But escape soon arrives in an old leather-bound copy of Jane Eyre...

Reading of Jane's isolation sparks a deep sense of kinship. Then fate takes things a leap further when a lightning storm catapults Emma right into Jane's body and her nineteenth-century world. As governess at Thornfield, Emma has a sense of belonging she's never known-and an attraction to the brooding Mr. Rochester. Now, moving between her two realities and uncovering secrets in both, Emma must decide whether her destiny lies in the pages of Jane's story, or in the unwritten chapters of her own...

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! It was a bit off kilter for me, that things didn't quite mesh, but I did enjoy reading it! The idea of basically living things from pretty famous novels-or being insane, well, that's pretty interesting idea!

I really enjoyed watching Jane go through this journey, it wasn't an easy one, or a fun one, but it was a pretty necessary one, and while it's a series, which means that there's going to more conflict, I enjoyed where this book ended.

There was uncertainty over what was real and what wasn't. Because there was a lightning strike involved, and that can mess with a person's head in more ways then one. And as Emma navigates that, it was really fantastic to read!

I think that she made the right choice, to chose the real world, vs. the book world, and while I know that it's a series, and there's more conflict coming, well, it ends in a really good place, a rest for the characters before they go off again!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was so entertaining and great, and I can't wait to read more of the series!

Author: Eve Marie Mont
Series: Unbound #1
Read: December 4th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a YAHFC Book and a DAC Book!
Publisher: Kensington Publishing Corporation
Published: March 27th 2012
5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
2.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!