Saturday, December 15, 2012

Week 50 Review: Warm Bodies

From Goodreads:
R is a young man with an existential crisis--he is a zombie. He shuffles through an America destroyed by war, social collapse, and the mindless hunger of his undead comrades, but he craves something more than blood and brains. He can speak just a few grunted syllables, but his inner life is deep, full of wonder and longing. He has no memories, no identity, and no pulse, but he has dreams.

After experiencing a teenage boy's memories while consuming his brain, R makes an unexpected choice that begins a tense, awkward, and strangely sweet relationship with the victim's human girlfriend. Julie is a blast of color in the otherwise dreary and gray landscape that surrounds R. His decision to protect her will transform not only R, but his fellow Dead, and perhaps their whole lifeless world.

My Review:
So this was a really fantastic book! I just had to read it, because the look of the movie trailer, well, it was so fantastic, and that prompted me to read this book. And it was pretty darn great book! I enjoyed reading it so much!

I loved R, he's a zombie, but he's got all these thoughts, and then eating the one guy's brains, and Julie, well, that starts a change in him. A change that spreads to the other zombies. And that change is a good thing, since humanity is dying out!

This is a book wondering about the human existence. And it was weird, and it made me think, and yeah, it was just really different! Very strange to read, but it has what looks like a great movie based of it, so there's that!

This is the start of the series, so even if they reached a pretty darned place in this book with the zombies, and the cure thing, there's still more to come, and I can't wait to see that, because I enjoyed being in this world with these characters!

Such a great book, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Isaac Marion
Series: Warm Bodies #1
Read: December 11th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like an excellent book, and it's a 2012 Dystopian Book!
Publisher: Atria
Published: October 28th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!