Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 2 Review: Opal

From Goodreads:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we're made it through the rough patches, well... There's a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different... And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we're stronger... and they know it.

My Review:
I loved this book so much, it was so spectacular! I mean, Katy and Daemon are together, things are going good, even if they were blackmailed to help Blake (oh, Blake, bad!) and Dee is spending a huge boatload of time with the Thompson twins, now, and cold shoulder-ing Katy. So yeah.

Their relationship deepens, they go through some pretty hard stuff, and yeah, they start to get it on-the one time, when Andrew interrupted them after the failed attempt to get Bethany and Chris out of Mount Weather, that was just hilarious, for us, but not so much for them!

The one scene, when Ash is getting on Katy about getting a job, and I wanted to go like, "Hey Ash, maybe you should get a job. Oh, right, the government pays for all your stuff. With our taxes. Huh. Glass houses are so fragile!" or something like that. Because it was pretty hypocritical, even if she was jealous!

That ending! Just about killed me, it's such a cliffhanger! I mean, they're separated, Blake has betrayed them, yet again, and while they did get Bethany out, they LEFT KATY THERE! That's going to kill Daemon! I really can't wait for Origin!

Loved this book so freaking much, and yeah, that ending is slowly killing me, even now!

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #3
Read: January 5th, 2013
Source: Bought
Reason Why: I love this series! It's so freaking fantastic, I had to read Opal!
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: December 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!