Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week 4 Review: A Shimmer of Angels

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Rayna sees angels, and has the medication and weekly therapy sessions to prove it. Now, in remission, Rayna starts fresh at a new school, lands a new job, and desperately tries for normalcy. She ignores signs that she may be slipping into the world she has tried so hard to climb out of. But these days, it's more than just hallucinations that keep Rayna up at night. Students are dying, and she may be the only one who can stop it. Can she keep her job, her sanity, and her friends from dying at the hands of angels she can't admit to seeing?

My Review:
Oh, this was a really fantastic book! I enjoyed this world where Rayna can see angels, because while it's something that has seriously complicated her life, that doesn't meant that she's going to stand there, and do nothing. Really brave of her do try and save her friends from angels!

I really like the cover! Well, not everything about it, because it's a bit simple-ish. But I love those colours, they're just so pretty, and they just pop, and they draw the eye to it! I wish that there were a few things that were different, but I do really love the colours!

Because of her ability, she's had a pretty hard time in life. And now she's having a fresh start, but the same problem is there-seeing the angels. And what they're up to, here, is pretty bad! And Rayna is about the only one who can actually do something about it!

There was the love triangle, of her, Cam, and Kade, both of whom are angels, but angels playing for different teams, since Kade is a fallen angel. And I really enjoyed the dynamic there, though I wish that she'd treated Kade better, since he treated her better then Cam treated her!

Really great book, and with that ending, I really want the sequel!

Author: Lisa M. Basso
Series: Angel Sight #1
Read: January 25th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Month9Books, LLC
Expected Publication: January 29th 2013
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!