Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week 3 Review: Succubus Blues

From Goodreads:
When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't.

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny. . .

My Review:
I am so glad that I read this book! It was so good, and I loved reading it! I knew I would enjoy it, it's a Richelle Mead book, after all, and I've loved all her books, but this was the start of a series, something different, so I wasn't sure how much I would like it. And yeah, the levels were almost at Vampire Academy like/love!

Georgina was a character that I wanted to spend more time with! Her one liners, her voice in narrating, and just her whole life, I wanted to read about! And I was pretty envious of her day job, working in the book store with the free books! That would be a dream come true for me!

Then there were the other characters! Like the gang of hell's employees based in the Seattle area, Georgina's friends. They had their quirks, and were just the best to read about! I want to see more of them! And Carter, the angel that hangs out with Georgina's boss. I want to see where that is going!

Between Seth, and the guy that is around, well, yeah, there were a lot of romantic entanglements in there. I don't think I'd make the same choices as Georgina, but they worked for her! And how everything was with the mystery, and how that wrapped up, was just so cool and great to read!

I wish that I hadn't taken to so long to read this book, but now that I have, I just have to read more of this series!

Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Georgia Kincade #1
Read: January 18th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a RR Book!
Publisher: Kensington
Published: March 1st 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!