Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Best Books Read in 2012

Ok, I've read a lot of books in 2012, and a few rereads. I'm only going to count books that I reviewed here, though, because I have links to those reviews, so I can remember what I was thinking of the books at the time. Yep.

I read books from January to December, and of those, were the ones that I absolutely loved, be it writing, thinking about it after, or the emotions it evoked, like "I hate that villain, they're so bad! HATEHATEHATE!!!! Yep.

So here's those books in alphabetical order so there's no strangeness among them!

So, first up is Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter! So cute, and fun, and great fighting, and I just can't wait for Through the Zombieglass! Zombies + Alice in Wonderland retelling + Gena Showalter's writing = Utterly Fantastic Book!!
Next is the Sookie Stackhouse series, Club DeadDead to the World, Dead as a Doornail, Definitely Dead, All Together Dead, From Dead to Worse, Dead and Gone, Dead in the Family, Dead Reckoning, and Deadlocked, I really got addicted to it this year, and can't wait for Dead Ever After, I just read through the last 3 books in 1 day, even though I'd been fairly good at pacing myself at 1 book a week, those last 3 books, I just had to read them then!









Next is the Legacy series by Cayla Kluver, Legacy, Allegiance, and Legacy, which were in my #1 slot this year, they were just so fantastic books, and I just loved reading them!



Next up is the Belador Series, by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love, and I read Blood Trinity, Alterant, and The Curse! Such great books, really enjoyed Evalle, she was a fantastic character, and this is a really complex series, and can't wait for book 4!


Next is Animal Instincts by Gena Showalter, a fantastic, funny book about a woman who felt trampled by life, and  found true love, and it was just really sweet, and really funny! Loved it!

Another series, the Trylle series by Amanda Hocking, Switched, Torn, and Ascend, are such great books, a very different and original take on trolls, and great romance, and just a great series! Loved it!


Next is the Shadow Falls series by C. C. Hunter, Born at Midnight, Awake at Dawn, Taken at Dusk, and Whispers at Moonrise. A great series with lots of different creatures, and very funny, and from  the outside, and not experiencing the love stories, they are both funny and a bit sad. I wouldn't want to go through them, but reading about them? Delicious!



Then the Alien Huntress Series by Gena Showalter, the adult, Awaken Me Darkly, Enslave Me Sweetly, Savor Me Slowly, Seduce the Darkness, Deep Kiss of WinterEcstasy in Darkness, and Dark Taste of Rapture, and the YA Series, Redhanded, and Blacklisted. Such a fantastic series of aliens and just so freaking great!








Next is 2 books from the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent, Before I Wake, and Never to Sleep! I love this series, because there's not very many books about bean sidhes, and yeah, it's just a fantastic series!

Next is Unbound series by Rachel Vincent, Blood Bound and Shadow Bound, which was just so good, excellent world building, and characters, and just plain great! Loved them, can't wait for Oath Bound!


Next is Bloodline by James Rollins, a great addition to his Sigma series, and while my copy had a run of pages printed twice, it was just a fantastic read, and we learned a lot about this family who's the bad guy!
Next is 2 books from The League series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Born of Shadows, and Born of Silence! Such a fantastic series, with such tortured characters, like, really, in Silence, after he's healed from his wounds, he kills a bunch of people (who'd been horrible) and piles their bodies in the courtyard. Yeah, he was really tortured. So yeah, excellent series!

Next is the Body Movers Series by Stephanie Bond, Body Movers, 2 Bodies for the Price of 1, 3 Men and a Body, 4 Bodies and a Funeral, 5 Bodies to Die For, and 6 Killer Bodies. Great murder mysteries that are hilarious, and I can't wait for book 7!






Next is Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot, which was such a cute funny book, told all in emails and such.
Next is Cinder by Marissa Meyer, an excellent retelling of the Cinderella story, and being dystopian, it was just so good! I really can't wait for Scarlet, and then the next 2 books, because well, they're so freaking good!
Next, is The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare, City of Lost Souls, Clockwork Angel, and Clockwork Prince! These are excellent series, and I can't wait for City of Heavenly Fire and Clockwork Princess! The cover of CP2 is so pretty!


Next is Chime by Franny Billingsley, which was really sarcastic, and great quips, and I just loved reading it! So good!
Next, the series A Song of Fire and Ice by George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords, A Feast of Crows, and A Dance of Dragons, which is just a fantastic series, very, very, very, very complex, a lot of plotting, and scheming, and I will wait for The Winds of Winter, hopefully it'll be out before I'm 25!


 Next is the Mediator series by Meg Cabot, ShadowlandNinth Key, Reunion, Darkest Hour, Haunted, and Twilight. A fantastic "I see ghosts" story, Jesse is fantastic, and their romance so sweet! I'd love a short story set a little after Twilight, because that would be so amazing!





Next is The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter, which was so good, we got to meet a lot more characters, or were at least told their names, and this world is getting really, really complex now! Can't wait for The Darkest Craving!
Next is the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Days of Blood & Starlight, they were so freaking good, being in a fantastic world, and yeah. Just. So. Freaking. Good!

Next is Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones, which was just hilarious, you're going to be seeing her adult series later, and yeah, it's so good!

Next is the Dory series by Karen Chance, Midnight's DaughterDeath's Mistress and Fury's Kiss, which was so freaking good series, yeah, I have to read Karen Chance's books, because they're so freaking great!!!


 Next is the Lies Beneath series by Anne Greenwood Brown, Lies Beneath and Deep Betrayal, the covers are so pretty, and the stories were just excellent! The pages just flew right on by! Love these books!

Next is the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Half-BloodPureDeity, and Elixir, which was soooo good, and I got my aunt to like this series, so yeah, it's freaking great!



Next is the Demon's Lexicon series by Sarah Rees Brennan,The Demon's LexiconThe Demon's Covenant, and The Demon's Surrender, which was such a great series, so funny, and addicting! Love it!!!


Next is Dreamless by Josephine Angelini, which picks up after Starcrossed, and just continues the action! Lots of conflict there, between Helen and Lucas! Can't wait for Goddess, in fact, I've preordered it, so I don't have to wait for a library copy! Yeah!
Next is the Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White, Supernaturally and Endlessly, which were so good, so funny, Evie was an excellent character, and I'm sad to say goodbye to her, but I can't wait to see/read what Kiersten White writes next!

Next is Everneath by Brodi Ashton, which has such a pretty cover, and such a great story, and a very, very, very different take on the Persephone myth, with some other elements thrown in. Can't wait to read Everbound, and can't wait to get a copy of this book!
Next is The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodking, which was creepy, good, and creepy good, and just so excellent! I just loved, loved, loved reading this book, and I can't wait for Retribution!!!
Next is Fever by Lauren DeStefano, which was so good! Loved seeing the characters again, and with that ending, I really, really, really want Sever!
Next is the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, First Grave on the RightSecond Grave to the LeftThird Grave Dead Ahead, and Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet, Charley is such a fantastic character, she has all these quips, an endless supply of sarcasm, and she has this pretty steam relationship with the son of Satan. So life is interesting to say the least, and I can't wait for Fifth Grave Past the Light!!!



Next is Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy, which I really loved, and I'm seriously considering buying the sequel, even though I'm a post secondary school student. Which translates to very little money. Which shos just how much I want to read Focus!!!
Next is The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross, which was really great, and we got to see some new characters, and while most of the romantic conflict of book 1 is way different, as it took place in New York, can't wait for book 3!
Next is series by Rae Carson, The Girl of Fire and Thorns and The Crown of Embers, which was so good, a great world to be in, and yeah, just can't wait for the 3rd book!

Next is the Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter, Goddess InterruptedThe Goddess Legacy, and The Goddess Inheritance, This was such a fantastic series, I'm sad to see it end, but yeah, it was just so freaking good! Can't wait to see what Aimee Carter writes next!


Next is The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead, which is pretty darn nice, I'm reading Richelle Mead's book club,  and yeah, love rereading by proxy this book! So good! Can't wait for The Indigo Spell!
Next is the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, In Other WorldsThe Guardian, and Time Untime. I absolutely love this series, and I really can't wait for the next books in this series!



Next is Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong, Spell BoundThe Hunter and the Hunted, and 13, which is such a great series, and it's a bit sad that the series is, for now, and maybe forever, finished. But there are always other books, and always rereads!



Next is The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, a great new series by Julie Kagawa, and yeah, I really can't wait for the next book, who else is hoping that it's going to be on Netgalley?
Next is Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, which was just so sweet, and awesome, and yeah, the cover is so pretty! Can't wait for the next book!
Next is Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon, a wonderful edition to this excellent series, and yeah, it got a lot darker. Can't wait for Inferno!!!
Next is Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear, it was weird, and wonderful, and a nice take on Faries. Can't wait for the next book!
Next is Insurgent by Veronica Roth, oh, this was really excellent! I want book 3 now, and yeah, so, so, so good!!!
Next is Jake Ransom and the Howling Sphinx by James Rollins, and I really want a 3rd book now!!! It was so good, and yeah, really good book!
Next is the Jessica's Rules by Beth Fantaskey, Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side and Jessica Rules the Dark Side, hilarious 2 books, loved reading them, along with the short story of their weddings. Loved this series!

Next is the Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep Touch of FrostKiss of FrostDark Frost, and Crimson Frost, this is a wonderful series, I'm really, really enjoying it, and yeah, I can't wait for the next book!



Next is Legend by Marie Lu, so good, I think I'm going to order the next one very, very soon!
Next is The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa, oh, it was awesome to see these characters again, with her having a kid that's older than Ethan! Can't wait for the next book!
Next is the Matt Archer series by Kendra C. Highley,  Matt Archer: Monster Hunter and Matt Archer: Monster Summer.

Next is A Million Suns by Beth Revis, which was so freaking good, that they were there, around the planet, and yeah, so freaking good! I wish the covers hadn't changed, though! I can't wait for Shades of Earth!!!
Next is Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama, so creepy, so good! Loved it!
Next is Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne, creepy, amazing, interesting end of the world story, yeah, book 2 looks interesting!
Next is Mystic City by Theo Lawrence, oh, so fantastic, it breaks your heart, what that world was like, and what her family had done to her. Can't wait for book 2!!!
Next is The Nightmare Garden by Caitlin Kittredge, we got to see a lot more of this world, and learn a lot about it, and yeah, I can't wait for the last book in the series!!!
Next is the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Obsidian and Onxy, which was just a fantastic series, so funny, so loveable, so excellent! I must read Opal soon, and yeah, awesome!!!

Next is Drake Sisters series by Christine Feehan, The Twilight before Christmas and Oceans of Fire, good series, good books, must read more of these series!!

Next is Origin by Jessica Khoury, a very different novel, unique, and it really was excellent, stuff about being in the jungle, and yeah, just a great book!
Next is Overbite by Meg Cabot, oooh, great book, great seeing these characters, and yeah, great book!
Next is Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, oh, wow, lots of great developments here, and yeah, that ending, I want the next book now!!!
Next is Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot, this was a hilarious book, well, of course it is, it's a Meg Cabot book! So good!

Next is The Pledge by Kimberly Derting, this was one of the best books I've read, it was so excellent, and that twist of who her family was, that was so excellent!
Next is Of Poseidon by Anna Banks, this was a very unique take on talking sea creatures.  Loved it, and the romance, and I can't wait to see what happens next!!
Next is Possess by Gretchen McNeil, so creepy, so good! And it was really, really amazing! Demons, and having a demon mother? Very interesting!
Next is Poison Princess by Kresley Cole, oh, god, I loved this book! And there was an online post of 10 things Jack had, that was so romantic! Love it!
Next is Rapture by Lauren Kate, which was just a great way to end the series, though it was a bit sad. Great book though!
Next is Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen, which was just excellent, it was so good, and interesting, and just wonderful!
Next is Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder, loved, loved, loved this book! Loved to see the characters again, and I want the last book now!!!!
Next is The Selection by Kiera Cass a very interesting book, loved the romance and all the conflict, and can't wait for the next book, because there has to be something to the mystery about all the attacks!!!
Next is Serephina by Rachel Hartman, oh, man, I loved this book, I'm going to be rereading it soon, and I bought it, so yeah, can't wait for book 2!!!
 Next is Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, this was a very, very interesting world, and wonderful characters, and I just loved it!
Next is Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, man, oh, man, I loved this book! Juliette was an excellent character, and that ending, gives hope to that world!
Next is She Went All The Way by Meg Cabot so funny! Loved it! Can't wait to read more Meg Cabot!!
Next is Size 12 And Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot, like it says above, Meg Cabot is a funny writer (in that she writes funny books, as I do not know her) and yeah, just so good!
Next is Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan, which was a so good to read the sequel of Glow, and I can't wait for Flame, and yeah, it was so good!
Next is The Stone Prince by Gena Showalter, oh, I loved this book! It's Gena Showalter's first published novel (I believe) and yeah, it was pretty darn great!
Next is Struck by Jennifer Bosworth, loved it! I want a sequel! So good! And very interesting!!
Next is Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins!!!! Such a great, great, great book! And I can't wait for Sweet Peril! SE was so good!!!
Next is Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs, yeah for modern takes on Greek Mythology, and yeah for being very, very interesting!
Next is Team Human by Justine Larbalesier and Sarah Rees Brennan I loved this book! It was interesting, and suspicious, and just so good!
Next is Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, this was one of the top books that I've read. It was engrossing, and captivating, and I loved it so much! It was so freaking good! 
Next is Thumped by Megan McCafterty, continuing the great story in Bumped, it was a great story and yeah, I just loved reading this book!!!
Next is the Tiger Saga series by Colleen Houck, Tiger's QuestTiger's Voyage, and Tiger's Destiny, great series, and Goodreads has a 5th book up, but I'm not sure if it'll come out, so Tiger's Destiny was a great ending!


Next is Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, my, this was a fantastic novel, and it's Debut at that, so what's the adage, practice makes perfect? I don't know how you can get better then the perfection that was this book, so I just want the next book now!
Next is Underworld by Meg Cabot, yeah, we get to see there characters again, and while this series has been darker then her other books, it still very good, and I can't wait for Awaken!!!
Next is Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris, man was this a good book, great mystery, lots of twists, lots of interesting things going on, and book 2 looks just as good!
Next is Unraveling Isobel by Eileen Cook, this one excellent book, I loved it, and it was just fantastic! I have to figure out a way to buy it!!!
Next is Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan, this was a seriously hilarious book, and it was funny, and it was so good! I want book 2 now!!!
Next is Wake by Amanda Hocking Oh, man, what to say about this book? It was excellent, fast paced, and so freaking good, with great characters, and a very great start to an amazing series!
Next is What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang I just wanted to hit the bad guys! I mean, they were so...so aggrivating! Hated them! Loved the good guys though! I want book 2, like, now!!
Last is Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter This was just a fantastic book, and we got to learn more about the Angels! Which is freaking nice, since LotU series is one of my favs, and this is a spin off series, so we got to see some of the Lords, which was fantastic!
163 books. Wow. That's a lot. But since I read over 800 books, these ones, well, they were the best of the bunch, like, the very, very, very best. So yeah, these were the best books read in 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!