Saturday, April 26, 2014

Week 17 Reviews: The Marked Son, The Fallen Prince


From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Dylan Kennedy always knew something was different about him, but until his mother abandoned him in the middle of Oregon with grandparents he’s never met, he had no idea what.

When Dylan sees a girl in white in the woods behind his grandparents’ farm, he knows he’s seen her before... in his dreams. He’s felt her fear. Heard her insistence that only he can save her world from an evil lord who uses magic and fear to feed his greed for power.

Unable to shake the unearthly pull to Kera, Dylan takes her hand. Either he’s completely insane or he’s about to have the adventure of his life, because where they’re going is full of creatures he’s only read about in horror stories. Worse, the human blood in his veins has Dylan marked for death...

From Goodreads:
There is a magical realm that exists alongside the human realm, but it wasn’t always so. The firsts are beings who were created to nurture the land. The world was split into two realms, and the firsts were allowed to redeem themselves. Sadly, the majority continued with their self-indulgent behavior to the point where one of their own, a king, became so obsessed with power, he was secretly banished by the court in hopes his absence would calm the masses. But a spark of madness was ignited and not even the lost king's absence could curtail what he set in motion.

My Review:
Oh, I loved these books! Alternating POV's of Dylan and Kera, so we got a fuller story, and more of what was going on, yeah, these were just 2 great books!!!

My favourite character was Bodog, he was funny in what he said, saying them in such a manner that it was hard to understand, like making prophecies, and yeah, he was shy, and he was helpful, and entertaining, and yeah, he was just my favourite character!!!

One thing that I want, is for his grandpa to go to Teag, because I think it'd be pretty hilarious!! Because he's such a down to earth guy, from the beginning, not knowing about the firsts, to in Prince, him taking him to Wyatt for Dylan to train to get control of his powers, and his grandpa soaking him, it was hilarious, and I want to see how he does in Teag!!!

Dylan makes a few close friends, and it's sad what happened to Jason? I believe his name was. Though the whole fight and afterwards in the forest in Prince, I'm a bit confused with that, because it didn't really make sense, they were looking for him, why did Dylan just let him go?

Yeah, these were 2 really good stories, they were fun, and I don't know why it took me so long to read them!!!

Author: Shea Berkley
Series: Keepers of Life #1, 2
Read: April 25th, 25th, 2014
Source: Publisher for Review
Reason Why: They sounded good, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Books!
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, Entangled Teen
Published: July 27th 2011, June 4th 2013

The Marked Son:
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars














The Fallen Prince: 
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!