Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Daughter of the Fallen: Review

From Goodreads:
Honors student May Krieg has recently learned a few things:
- Those shadows she catches out of the corner of her eye are real.
- She can hurt people just by thinking about it.
- A part of her likes it.
- She never should have gone on that ghost hunt.

My Review:
Oh, that description above is different from the one that was there when I signed up for this review tour, but both take parts of the book, and makes it interesting to read! And yeah, it was a pretty great, entertaining book!

I don't read too, too many ghost story books, mostly because right now, I'm mainly reading reread books, and eARC's, so yeah, it was a pretty nice treat to be able to read this book, it was pretty darned great!

I enjoyed May's journey, from someone who yeah, doesn't really do ghosts, but then does, and yeah, those darker notes in the book, of her being able to hurt people, most of the time, that'd be all it'd take to label as a bad guy, But May's not. She just has this power, and you know the saying!

And just the idea of the competition between her and Jack? Yeah, it could've gone in 2 directions, for me, either they were competing because they'd be perfect for each other, or he would be, well, a nemesis of hers! And I liked which direction her and Jack went!

Yeah, really enjoyed this book, it was a great creepy, paranormal YA, and yeah, just so good!

Author: Madeline Wynn
Read: December 15th, 2014
Source: Pump Up Your Book Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded really good! And it's a SAC 2014 Book!
Publisher: Madeline Wynn
Published: November 1st 2014
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

Bio:
Madeline Wynn holds a master's degree in procrastination. When she's not writing, she can be found ghost hunting, gardening and parading around her home state of Connecticut with her husband, dog and two kids. Her latest book is the YA paranormal, Daughter of the Fallen.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


2 comments:

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!